Carmen Salazar | Staff Reporter
Posted June 10, 2014; 9:30 a.m.
Lindenwood University is promoting its summer camp programs, which include eight different sports. These camps are an opportunity for kids and teens to develop basic skills in the sport they enjoy, while challenging themselves and having fun.
- Baseball camp will be June 9-June 12, from 9 a.m-12 p.m. for kids ages 9 to 13. They will learn the fundamentals of hitting, pitching and fielding. Games situations and scrimmages will be held in order for the coaches to test the campers.
- Basketball camp offers a chance for kids from different ages and skill levels to learn more about the fundamentals of basketball.
INDIVIDUAL CAMP – $85
Boys – Grades 4-6: June 16-19, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Boys – Grades 7-8: June 16-19, 1:00 p.m. – 4 p.m.
LITTLE DRIBBLERS CAMP – $85
Boys and Girls Grades K-3: June 23-26, 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Softball Camp LU invites girls ages 8-18 to the first softball camp on June 3-June 5. .It will be held on the Lou Brock Sports Complex, and it will be a commuter camp. The camp costs $80 per camper and will cover all of the fundamentals of softball, focusing on mechanics and technique. Session 1 is from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. for ages 8-13. Session 2 is from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. for ages 14-18.
- Football will offer two different camps. One of them will be a Monday night football clinic that will feature the University of Iowa Football staff, on June 2 for $40. The second one will be for kids 3-8 grade, on July 21-23, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. for $75. It will teach the fundamentals of football in a fun and challenging way.
- Gymnastic camp for girls ages 8-18 will be hosted in the Gym Quarters Hwy. 40 O’Fallon, MO, where Lindenwood lady lions usually practice. The camp will be Friday-Sunday, July 11-13. They offer an optional Saturday night sleepover for the girls. The camp is $300 for the day camp and $375 for the sleepover on Saturday night.
- Lacrosse camp will focus on skill development for youth and high school players. It will take place at the Hunter Stadium, June15-18. Monday-Wednesday will be from 9 a.m. through 5 p.m. and Sunday, just for high school students, from 3 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Women’s volleyball camp will offer different options for different positions and skills. Prices range between $70 and $118. Moreover, a volleyball elite camp will host kids ages 9 to 12. The residents will be charged $265, which includes two nights and six meals (Friday, Saturday and Sunday.) The commuters plan costs $225.
- Wrestling camp will teach what it takes to take wrestling skills to a higher level. The camp’s price is $125. Registration will be on July 6 and it will offer different days and hours.