BY KAYLA DRAKE|A&E EDITOR
The opening of the new library has set off a chain reaction of office relocations on campus. Not only did some offices relocate into the Library and Academic Resource Center, but other departments moved into the newly vacated offices in other buildings.
Offices that have moved either to the LARC or a new location include: the Office of the Provost, International Admissions, Career Services, Public Safety and Security, Writing Center, First-Year Experience, Veterans Affairs, The Office of the General Counsel, the IT Help Desk, Student and Academic Support Services and Library Services.
One of the changes that may affect students most is the relocation of the security office, since students must go there to get parking permits. The department, which has been situated in a building across from campus since 2014, is now on the fourth floor of Spellmann Center.
Director of Public Safety and Security John Bowman said he thinks the move will connect the staff more to the main campus.
“We are going to be more visible to students,” he said.
Students needing new student IDs or having computer trouble will have to go to the LARC to the new Help Desk office, which formerly was on the third floor of Spellmann.
Another office, Career Development, also moved into the new library this summer.
Director of Career Development Dana Wehrli said the new location brought a lot of positives to her program.
“We have dedicated office space for our staff where we didn’t before,” she said. “Everyone is thrilled. We really do feel valued by the university. It’s going to help us bring our A game to students and employers.”
One member of Wehrli’s staff, Assistant Director Shannon Wright, will remain in Harmon Hall to continue to be accessible to business students.
Here’s a list of key office numbers and buildings:
- Office of Dr. Marilyn Abbott, provost and vice president, Academic and Student Affairs, LARC Room 239
- International Admissions, LARC Room 230
- Career Services, LARC Room 235
- Public Safety and Security, Spellmann Center fourth floor
- Writing Center, LARC Room 338
- First-Year Experience, LARC Room 351
- Veterans Affairs, LARC Room 018A
- The Office of the General Counsel, Spellmann Center, Room 3175
- IT Help Desk, LARC, Main Level
- Student and Academic Support Services, LARC Room 346
- Library Services, LARC