MATT HAMPTON | Reporter
Here is a recap of Wednesday’s weekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium.
- A new student organization, the Martial Arts Club, was approved by the General Assembly. Details of the club will be added to Involve U shortly.
- Guest speaker David Wilson from Lindenwood’s Higher Learning Commission encouraged students to contribute to the HLC’s evaluation of the university for accreditation. Students can let the commission know about their experience concerning topics in advisement and enrollment by attending the student session Monday at 3 in the AB Leadership Room or at one of the open forums or drop-in sessions next week. The open forums are Monday at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in LARC 343 and Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. in Spellmann 4080.
- Four Student Government positions are open for next semester. There is no hourly pay, but there is a $250 tuition stipend. Applicants are advised to stop by the Student Involvement office.
- Student Government is looking for suggestions for next year’s homecoming theme by next Wednesday, when they will vote on it at the meeting.
- They are also seeking ideas to change the way General Assembly meetings run, in order to increase attendance.
The following funds requests were approved:
- Intervarsity Student Fellowship recieved $278.95 in funds for their Biggest Loser event.
- The assembly voted to give the Psychology Interest Club $50.40 to cater an event Monday at which they are bringing a forensic psychologist speaker to campus.