MATT HAMPTON | Reporter
Here is a recap of Wednesday’s weekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium.
- Next week, the assembly will vote whether to amend the student government constitution. The changes will include having meetings on the first and third Wednesdays of each month (instead of every Wednesday). If the proposal passes, only funds requests over $500 would be voted on by the general assembly, and any request under $500 would be voted on by Lindenwood Student Government officers. Also each organization would only be allowed one absence per semester (as opposed to the two allowed absences currently).
- Student Involvement is holding open focus groups from 12:30 to 2 p.m. on Nov. 28 and 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov. 29 to assess how it can increase attendance for its events. If students want to attend, they need to RSVP on Involve U.
- Student Involvement Co-ordinator Rachel Tolliver spoke about the Elevate leadership certification, for which there may be an honors stole or cord at graduation.
The following funds requests were approved:
- $1449.35 for the International Student Fellowship’s Christmas Farewell Dinner.
- $1032.83 for Phi Lambda Chi’s Miss Lindenwood Competition, which raises money for nonprofit The Backstoppers, Inc.