MICHELLE SPROAT | Video Content Manager
Here are five things to do this week on Lindenwood’s campus and around St. Charles.
1. Find out how to benefit your health and wellness at this week’s leadership series.
Tuesday, Jan. 30
Harmon Hall (Room 131)
Mitch Palmer, coordinator for Evans Commons Rec Center, will be discussing how nutrition, sleep and physical activity affects mental performance. This is the second leadership series event of the spring semester. More information on this event can be found here.
2. Join a spring intramural team.
Now through April
There is still time to sign up for an intramural sport for the spring 2018 semester. While many registration deadlines have already passed, there is still time to join. Below is a full list of the sports that are still open to join. Intramural sports are organized through Student Involvement and the Evans Commons Rec Center. Click here for more information.
- Coed softball
- Registration: Jan. 2 – March 19
- Season: March 26 – April 18
- Coed sand volleyball
- Registration: Jan. 2 – March 20
- Season: March 27 – April 17
- Coed 5 v. 5 basketball
- Registration: Jan. 2 – March 1
- Season: March 8 – April 12
- Coed spikeball tournament
- Registration: Jan. 2 – April 23
- Tournament: April 26
3. Catch a psychological thriller and an animated romantic drama at the Lindenwood Film Series.
Tuesday, Jan. 30 and Thursday, Feb. 1
Library and Academic Resources Center, Theater (Room 343)
On Tuesday, the Korean psychological thriller “The Handmaiden” will take the screen to start this week’s film series. The 2016 film has received 88 award nominations and 59. Thursday’s film “Your Name” is an animated romantic drama about coming of age with a little bit of “Freaky Friday” body-swapping action. More information on these films and the Lindenwood Film Series can be found here.
4. Visit Lindenwood’s school of Arts, Media and Communications booth at this years Wizard World Comic Con.
Friday, Feb. 2., 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb 3., 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb 4., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
America’s Center, 701 Convention Plaza, St. Louis
Lindenwood’s school of Arts, Media and Communications will make an appearance at the 2018 Wizard World Comic Con in St. Louis. Lindenwood students can save 20 percent off their general ticket prices using the code LINDENWOOD20. Kids ages 10 and under are free. Celebrity guest meet and greets can be purchased at an additional charge. Those appearing include Stan Lee, Sebastian Stan, Lou Ferrigno and more. Click here for more information on this event.
5. Cheer on a St. Louis sports team at the St. Louis Ambush game this weekend.
Saturday, Feb. 3
Doors open at 6:05 p.m. Game starts at 7:05 p.m.
Family Arena, 2002 Arena Pkwy., St. Charles, MO
The St. Louis Ambush will be taking on the Kansas City Comets this upcoming weekend. This is a great opportunity to see a professional team play without paying the professional price. Ticket options range from $12-$22. More information on this game can be found here.