MINA LEYVA | Reporter and NICK FEAKES | Sports Editor
Women’s Ice Hockey
- The team registered a 1-0 shutout victory over Syracuse University on Friday evening at Lindenwood Ice Arena in Wentzville, MO
- In the last home tournament of the season, the Lindenwood women’s Ice Hockey team was defeated 5-4 against Syracuse Orange on Saturday, Feb. 17 at Lindenwood Ice Arena in Wentzville, Mo.
- The Lindenwood baseball team picked up a 6-3 win over Harris-Stowe University on Wednesday afternoon at Lou Brock Sports Complex.
- The Lions also defeated Union University three times over the weekend. The Lions won 6-3, 2-1, 7-0. D.J. Miller recorded five RBI in the three games.
- The team split its season-opening doubleheader with 9-7 win and 10-2 loss against Quincy University on Wednesday, Feb. 14 at the Lou Brock Sports Complex.
- The Lions also recorded two victories on Sunday, Feb. 18 with a 5-4 win over Davenport University and a 2-0 win over Kentucky Wesleyan College. Adele Singerman hit a single in the bottom of the seventh inning to win the game for the Lions against Davenport.
- The team managed to defeat conference opponent Lincoln University 83-73 on Saturday, Feb. 10 at Hyland Arena. (link to article)
- The Women’s Basketball team extended their winning streak defeating Lincoln University 81-75 on Tuesday, Feb. 13 in Jefferson City, Mo.
- The University of Central Missouri defeated 73-60 Lindenwood on Saturday, Feb. 17 at Hyland Arena. The team dropped to 14-12 overall.
- The Lions lost against Lincoln on Tuesday night by a 79-64 score for the final game of their regular season. (Link to article)
- On the last stretch of the season, the Lions won against the University of Central Missouri 56-52 in its home game on Saturday, Feb.17 at Hyland Arena. This is the third consecutive encounter where the Lions are victorious.
- Lindenwood fell short against the University of California San Diego on Saturday, Feb. 17 losing 3-1 at Hyland Arena.
- The women’s lacrosse team defeated Queens University 13-4 on Saturday afternoon in Hunter Stadium. Cassie Stucklen led the Lions with three goals.
Men’s Ice Hockey
- The Lions shutout the University of Arkansas 5-0 on Friday night at the Jones Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- The Lions defeated the University of Arkansas again on Saurday 8-2. Saturday’s game extends Lindenwood’s winning streak to three.
- The Lions lost to Oklahoma Baptist University 5-4 on Saturday, Feb. 17
- On Sunday, Feb. 18 the Lions lost 7-2 to Drury University.
- Oklahoma Baptist University swept the Lions 9-0 on Saturday, Feb 17.
- The Lions fell to Drury University 8-1 on Sunday, Feb 18.