MATT HAMPTON | Reporter
Here is a recap of Wednesday’s biweekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium.
- Applications for the LSG Executive Board for next semester are open on InvolveU until Friday at 5 p.m. Elections for the seven paid positions will be held Monday to Wednesday. The president earns a $500 stipend per semester and the six vice presidents each receive $250 stipends.
- Students can apply to the Student Senate in campus links on InvolveU until March 30 at 5 p.m. Student Government will select seven students as Student Organization Senators, who must be a member of a student organization. Student Involvement Director Angie Royal said this number was increased from five because of student feedback. One Commuter Student Senator will also be selected as well as two Senators-at-Large, who require a petition with 15 signatures to apply.
- Students can nominate any Lindenwood professors for Professor of the Year by April 1 in campus links on InvolveU. The General Assembly will vote on the nominees on April 4.
- Between March 23 and April 10, students can nominate a student org for the Leadership Award on InvolveU.
- The Gender Sexualities Alliance requested $1181.25 to buy shirts to give out at their drag show. The Assembly approved this request.
In accordance with a LSG constitutional amendment passed last semester, assembly meetings now occur every other week. The next meeting is March 28 and next town hall meeting will be April 4.