Between Oct. 17 and Oct. 21, many events are scheduled for Homecoming week.
Wednesday, Oct. 17
- Homecoming Organization Fair – 5-7 p.m.
The event is on Evans Commons lawn. Here, students can speak to members of various organizations on campus to learn more about them.
- Annual Homecoming Bonfire – 8-10 p.m.
The bonfire is on the Flowers Hall lawn and will feature free music and s’mores for students to enjoy. The event is being hosted by Residential Life.
Thursday, Oct. 18
- Back to the ’90s Lip Sync/ Pep Rally – 7-10 p.m.
In the Hyland Arena, student organizations will be competing in a lip sync battle competition. Performances by Golden Lion Marching Band and the Spirit Squad will be in between the acts, along with appearances from various athletic teams.
Friday, Oct. 19
- Red Cross Blood Drive – 12-5 p.m.
Come to the Evans Commons multipurpose courts to donate blood and help save lives.
- Annual Nelly Don Alumni Fashion Show – 4 p.m.
The show will be held in the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts on the second floor. Students can get into the show for free with their ID. Alumni will pay $5 while the general public will pay $10. Tickets can be purchased and picked up at the box office in Scheidegger.
- Greek Life Step Show – 7-8 p.m.
Come to the Lindenwood University Cultural Center auditorium to watch members of multicultural Greek organizations perform step routines.
- Women’s Volleyball – 7 p.m.
The Lions will be playing the Northwest Missouri State Bearcats in Hyland Arena.
Saturday, Oct. 20
- 5K Fun Run/ Walk Benefitting Backstoppers – 7 a.m.
The Criminal Justice Student Association is teaming up with Phi Lambda Chi for the run/walk through Lindenwood’s campus. It is $20 to participate. All proceeds will benefit The Backstoppers Inc. To register, click here.
- School of Arts, Media and Communications facilities tour – 9-10 a.m.
Students, faculty, staff an alumni can tour the new facilities in Butler Loft and the lower level of McCluer Hall.
- School of Humanities grand opening reception – 9-10 a.m.
The School of the Humanities has moved to a new location in McCluer Hall, and alumni are welcome to visit the new location and talk with current and former professors.
- Exercise Performance and Nutrition Laboratory open house – 9-10 a.m.
The Field House Room 126 will be open so alumni can see the renovations to the laboratory.
- Men’s Alumni Rugby Game – 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
The men’s rugby alumni will participate in a scrimmage on the Lindenwood Track Field.
- Back to the ’90s Homecoming and Alumni Parade – 10-11 a.m.
The parade will wrap around Lindenwood’s campus. The parade will recognize Lindenwood alumni, student organizations, local businesses and partners along with other entrants.
- Alumni BBQ Homecoming Tailgate – 11 a.m.-1 p.m
The tailgate will be located in the parking lot of the Field House. Nagel’s BBQ as well as other food trucks will be catering. Face Painting will also be available.
- Alumni Village – 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Alumni Village will be located in the Harmon Hall parking lot. Each school will have faculty representing the degree programs. The Black Alumni Council and Greek Alumni Alliance will also make appearances in the village.
- Homecoming Football Game – 1 p.m.
The Lions will be playing the Northwest Missouri State Bearcats at Hunter Stadium. The Homecoming Court will appear at half time, where the king and queen will be crowned.
- Women’s Volleyball – 6 p.m.
The Lions will play the Missouri Western State Griffons in Hyland Arena.