17th annual Student Fashion Show

Madeleine Heppermann | Legacy CoEditor-in-Chief
Posted May 1, 2014; 5:00 p.m.

Students in the Lindenwood Fashion Design program will be sending their designs down the runway May 2-3 as the spring semester comes to a close.

The weekend of fashion marks the 17th annual fashion show presentations for the design school and will include three New York style runway shows.

fashion show flyer

The shows on Friday, May 2 will be at 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. featuring looks created by the sophomore and junior designers. Students from area high schools will attend the morning show and for the first time, submissions from high school students will be included in that show as well.

The graduating senior designers will be showcasing their looks in a VIP presentation Saturday, May 3 at 8 p.m.

Chajuana Trawick, program manager and assistant professor of fashion design, said she is proud of the high level of excellence displayed in these students’ work.

“I am most excited about seeing the seniors’ juried hard work and dedication through video presentations and the runway show,” said Trawick.

She is also excited about the way the fashion design school itself has developed.

“The department has grown significantly with new curriculum, new faculty, new software and equipment, and for the first time in history, the fashion design program will be studying abroad in Paris, France on May 19, 2014,” said Trawick.

All three shows will feature garments from multiple categories of design, including ready-to-wear, art-to-wear and couture pieces.

The runway presentations will be in the Emerson Black Box Theater in the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts on Lindenwood’s campus.

Admittance for the Friday morning show is $5 per person and $20 for the evening show. The cost to attend the VIP presentation on Saturday evening is $25 per person for general admission or $35 for VIP seating and the reception prior to the show.

Tickets can be purchased at the Box Office in the lobby of the Scheidegger Center or online at Lindenwood.edu/center.

For more information about the fashion shows or the Lindenwood fashion design program, contact Trawick at [email protected] or call 636-627-2960.

$575
$1000