Lindenwood welcomes new women’s volleyball coach

Will Condon
Photo courtesy of Lindenwood Athletics

Coach Will Condon, who has more than 400 wins at the NCAA Division II level, has been named the new Lindenwood head women’s volleyball coach.

Lindenwood University Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics Brad Wachler made the announcement Wednesday and is happy to welcome Condon to Lindenwood.

“Will Condon has been one of the top NCAA Division II coaches in the country the last 17 seasons,” said Wachler. “His teams have shown the ability to compete at a championship level, and I expect his teams at Lindenwood to have the same quality. I welcome him and family to Lindenwood University.”

Condon said when he arrived to Lindenwood campus, he realized quickly “Lindenwood is one of those special places.”

“I believe that Lindenwood has what it takes to become a premiere Division II program,” he said. “I am honored to have been selected to lead this program and I am looking forward to getting started helping our student-athletes achieve their goals.”

Condon previously coached at Armstrong State University for nine seasons. He collected a 252-64 record at the university, and left a mark in program history with the best mark with .797 winning percentage. Condon’s teams advanced to the NCAA Tournament in everyone of the nine seasons. He also won five conference regular season titles and four conference tournament crowns.

Condon will officially be introduced at a press conference on Feb. 10. A time and location will be announced at a later date.