Legacy, Lindenlink staff brings home nine awards from MCMA conference

The Lindenwood Legacy Magazine and Lindenlink.com staff won over a dozen awards at the MCMA conference this year.  Photo from Lindenlink archives
The Lindenwood Legacy Magazine and Lindenlink.com staff won over a dozen awards at the MCMA conference this year.
Photo from Lindenlink archives

The Legacy and Lindenlink brought home nine awards last weekend at the Missouri College Media Association’s annual contest.

“I’m incredibly proud of the work that my staff has done this past year,” said Kelby Lorenz, Editor-in-Chief of the Legacy.

The Legacy design staff earned first place for best sports page design and second place for editorial/OpEd design. The paper also garnered honorable mention honors in the category of campus engagement.
Members of the Lindenlink staff won the top prize in the multimedia package category for their coverage of the Lindenwood gymnastics team’s 2016 national championship. The package included writing, photography, videography and graphic design elements.

Several individual staff members also were recognized in the contest.

Staff photographer Carly Fristoe won first place and honorable mention in sports photography, as well as first place in feature photography. Editor-in-Chief Kelby Lorenz also received honorable mention in news photography.
A&E Editor Essi Virtanen won second place in the feature writing category.

The Lindenwood publications have earned 19 MCMA awards during its the two years entering in the contest. As a Division I school, Lindenwood competes against schools such as Mizzou, St. Louis University and Washington University.

The Missouri College Media Awards is an annual statewide competition sponsored by the Missouri Press Association. The organization recognizes college news publications for their work in writing, advertising, design and other forms of multimedia content.

The awards are part of the annual conference, which was held at Missouri Western State University this year. Lindenwood has been selected to host next year’s conference.

[su_divider top=”no” size=”4″]Women’s Soccer[/su_divider]