Women’s basketball improves win streak to four with victory over Illinois-Springfield

Kallie Bildner attempts to go up for a shot while being guarded by defenders in a game against the University of Arkansas-Monticello on Nov. 11.
Photo by Rolando Dupuy

ANDREW HONERKAMP | Online Editor 

The Lindenwood women’s basketball team continued its winning ways with a 77-64 road victory over the University of Illinois-Springfield.

The first quarter was a back-and-forth battle. For the Lions, the quarter was highlighted by three-pointers by Lexi Moe and Jerricah Butler.

At the end of the quarter, Lindenwood trailed 19-15.

Lindenwood began to cut into the lead in the second quarter. The Lions trailed by as many as six points at the beginning of the quarter.

A pair of Kallie Bildner threes put the Lions in the lead four minutes into the quarter. A couple minutes later Lindenwood’s lead was six.

The Prairie Stars made a run of their own to end the quarter to find themselves up 33-32 at the break.

Lindenwood shot 41 percent from the floor and was led by Kallie Bildner’s 11 points.

The Lions came out of the locker room with a strong third quarter and never looked back.

Two minutes into the quarter, the game was tied at 39. The Lions would finish the quarter on a 15-5 run to take a 55-44 lead into the final quarter.

Lindenwood’s largest lead came in the fourth at 17 points. The game would finish 77-64.

The Lions were led once again by Kallie Bildner who had 19 points, 15 rebounds and four blocks. Gabby Walker also had a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds.

Lindenwood improves to 4-0 on the season. Its next game will be Nov. 27 against Saint Louis College of Pharmacy at 6 p.m. in Hyland Arena.