Weekly crime log: Homophobic slurs shouted at students

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lindenwood University Public Safety is located on the fourth floor of the Spellmann Center and they can be contacted at (636) 949-4911.

MEGAN COURTNEY | Culture Editor

The weekly crime log is a list of incidents that have been reported over the course of the week on and around Lindenwood’s campus. All information is provided by Public Safety and Security.

Oct. 3

• An alleged sexual assault that occurred in March of this year was reported to Public Safety and Security by a Campus Security Authority. The location of the assault is unknown. The case was closed.
  • An arrest for a warrant was made at 5 p.m. in the Library and Academic Resources Center parking lot by the St. Charles Police Department. The case was closed.

Oct. 4

• An incident of property damage was reported in the Memorial Arts Building parking lot at 9:38 a.m. The case was closed and the St. Charles Police Department is investigating.

Oct. 5

• A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 2:03 a.m. in Rauch Hall. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.
  • An unknown vehicle drove on the grass and caused damage to the track area between 12:01 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. The case was closed.
  • A vehicle received a scratch on its door between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5 in the Pfremmer Hall parking lot. No witness were located, and the case was closed.

Oct. 6

• Two arrest summonses were issued by the St. Charles Police Department for two drug violations that occurred at 4:25 p.m. in Mathews Hall. Both cases were closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 11:59 p.m. on Anneric Street. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Oct. 7

• Members of the Genders/Sexualities Alliance were painting the pride rock outside of Hunter Stadium when they say a man yelled homophobic slurs to them. The man was driving a white four-door hatchback vehicle. More information on this story can be found by clicking here.
  • Two white males took laundry out of a dryer and left the area in Calvert Rogers Hall at 7:25 p.m. The case was closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 7:58 p.m. in Calvert Rogers Hall. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.