Weekly crime log: Homophobic slurs shouted at students

Lindenwood University Public Safety is located on the fourth floor of the Spellmann Center and they can be contacted at (636) 949-4911.

MEGAN COURTNEY | Culture Editor

The weekly crime log is a list of incidents that have been reported over the course of the week on and around Lindenwood’s campus. All information is provided by Public Safety and Security.

Oct. 3

• An alleged sexual assault that occurred in March of this year was reported to Public Safety and Security by a Campus Security Authority. The location of the assault is unknown. The case was closed.
  • An arrest for a warrant was made at 5 p.m. in the Library and Academic Resources Center parking lot by the St. Charles Police Department. The case was closed.

Oct. 4

• An incident of property damage was reported in the Memorial Arts Building parking lot at 9:38 a.m. The case was closed and the St. Charles Police Department is investigating.

Oct. 5

• A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 2:03 a.m. in Rauch Hall. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.
  • An unknown vehicle drove on the grass and caused damage to the track area between 12:01 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. The case was closed.
  • A vehicle received a scratch on its door between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5 in the Pfremmer Hall parking lot. No witness were located, and the case was closed.

Oct. 6

• Two arrest summonses were issued by the St. Charles Police Department for two drug violations that occurred at 4:25 p.m. in Mathews Hall. Both cases were closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 11:59 p.m. on Anneric Street. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Oct. 7

• Members of the Genders/Sexualities Alliance were painting the pride rock outside of Hunter Stadium when they say a man yelled homophobic slurs to them. The man was driving a white four-door hatchback vehicle. More information on this story can be found by clicking here.
  • Two white males took laundry out of a dryer and left the area in Calvert Rogers Hall at 7:25 p.m. The case was closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol at 7:58 p.m. in Calvert Rogers Hall. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.