Weekly crime log: Field gets lawn job, mail room sent bogus check

Lindenwood University Public Safety is located on the fourth floor of the Spellmann Center and they can be contacted at (636) 949-4911.

MEGAN COURTNEY Culture Editor

The weekly crime log is a list of incidents that have been reported over the course of the week on and around Lindenwood’s campus. All information is provided by Public Safety and Security and the St. Charles Police Department.

Nov. 5

• An ex-girlfriend of a student was banging on a door in Mathews Hall at 12:20 p.m. Before she left, she rubbed a sandwich on the door. The case was closed.
  • The St. Charles Police Department responded to a drug violation in Parker Hall at 8:45 p.m. The case was closed.

Nov. 6

• A white truck drove on the field by the track and caused damage at 12:35 a.m. The case was closed.
  • A scratch on a vehicle that occurred on Nov. 2 was reported in the Harmon Hall parking lot between 10 a.m. and 12:50 p.m. The case was closed.

Nov. 7

• Stolen plants were recovered from the Spellmann Center at 8:05 p.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Nov. 8

• An iPad was taken from a classroom in the LARC between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. There were no suspects or witnesses, and the case was closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol in Rauch Hall at 5:40 p.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol in Flowers Hall at 7:40 p.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Nov. 9

• The Evans Mail Room received a check for a non-student on a forged account. Director of Public Safety and Security, John Bowman, Jr., said the checks are a scam from the Arizona State Fair, so they would be no good if they were to be cashed. Bowman Jr. said the postal inspectors were notified of the checks.

Nov. 12

• A case of identity theft was reported at 12:40 a.m. in Reynolds Hall. The case was closed, and the St. Charles Police Department is investigating.