Weekly Sports Round-Up

Photo by Kat Owens

GARRETT ANDERSON | Reporter

Billiards

The Billiards team lost to Rudy’s Rackrunners 9-8 Thursday at the Billiards arena in St. Charles. Lindenwood was led by sophomore April Larson, who scored 50 points and junior Taylor Hansen with a score of 49.

The loss drops the Lions record to 1-1 this season.

Rudy’s Rackrunners box score

Men’s Hockey

The Lions traveled to Dearborn, Michigan, on Thursday and went 1-1 against No. 4 ranked Michigan-Dearborn losing 1-3, then winning 2-1 in overtime.

In the first game Thursday night, Goalie Cooper Seedott had 14 saves in the game. The Lions were held scoreless on three power plays while the Wolverines went 1-3.

Friday night the Lions maintained a lead until the second period when the Wolverines tied the game 1-1. In overtime, Lindenwood lion Aapo Nurminen finished the game-winning goal. The Lions out-shot Dearborn 30-17.

The Lions record falls to 2-2 on the season.

Michigan-Dearborn Thursday box score

Michigan-Dearborn Friday box score

Women’s Soccer

The Lions traveled to Indiana Friday and lost to the University of Indianapolis 3-1. Maggie Miller scored the only goal for the Lions to take a 1-0 lead in the sixth minute.

Sunday, the Lions traveled to Louisville, Kentucky to face Bellarmine University and won 1-0.

Both GLVC games this weekend, the Lions conference record is now 2-5.

University of Indianapolis box score

Field Hockey

The Lions lost to No. 9 ranked Southern New Hampshire University 2-0 in Manchester, New Hampshire on Friday, but made a comeback on Sunday.

Goalie Mackenzie Litterst had 8 saves for the Lions against New Hampshire. The Lions surrendered both goals in the second half.

Sunday, the Lions defeated No. 3 ranked Saint Anselm University 3-1.

The Lions are 5-3 overall this season.

Southern New Hampshire box score

Saint Anselm box score

Football

The Lindenwood football team traveled to Lebanon, Illinois and earned its second win of the season over McKendree University 45-37. Quarterback Cade Brister had 22 completions throwing for 415 yards and four touchdowns.

The Lions remain undefeated in the GLVC, improving to 2-0 in conference play and are 2-3 overall for the season.

McKendree box score