Aeriel Niccum | Staff Reporter
Posted March 11, 2014; 2:01 p.m.
Published Legacy March 11, 2014
The Lindenwood University Student Research Symposium and Exposition (SRSE) is seeking participants for its upcoming second annual event Wednesday, April 23, 2014 in the Spellmann Campus Center from 2-8 p.m.
According to the SRSE website, www.lindenwood.edu/SRSE, the SRSE is a forum for students to display scholarship and academic projects to Lindenwood faculty and students as well as members of the St. Charles community. Students have the option of displaying their work as a poster presentation or in a concurrent session.
According to graduate assistant Kendalynne Hohe, the SRSE is a great opportunity in many ways.
“The SRSE is a great opportunity for students from a variety of disciplines to showcase their work in a multi-disciplinary professional forum versus the typical single discipline exposition,” said Hohe. “It [the SRSE] is also a great way for students to set themselves apart from other candidates in the workforce on their resume.”
According to the website poster presentations include but are not limited to:
- Research projects and science experiments
- Marketing campaigns or team research consulting projects
- Archival research or the collection of oral histories
- Portfolios of photographs, graphic art, fashion design, etc.
- Theatrical set and lighting design, costume design, and music compositions
Concurrent presentation subjects include but are not limited to:
- Conference-style paper presentations of research methodologies and findings
- Original poetry or fiction readings
- Theatrical, music, and original choreography performances
- Original video documentaries and film screenings
Students who wish to participate should fill out the submission form on the SRSE website by March 17.
Further information about the SRSE can be found on the SRSE website. Questions can be directed towards Hohe at KHohe@lindenwood.edu or SRSE@lindenwood.edu.