Andy Nicholson| Reporter
Jan. 7, 2016; 3:00 p.m.
The J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts has big intentions for spring 2016.
“We will have everything from dance to fashion to music,” said Box Office Manager Tony White. “There’s a lot that goes into the semester. The pro shows help get the community more involved.”
The list includes several big name artists, including comedian Sinbad, scheduled for Jan. 30, whose performance is sold out, according to the box office.
Two-time Grammy Award Winner Michael Bolton will be performing Feb. 11. Ticket prices for his concert range from $59 to $89.
Lindenwood’s own theatre department will feature the musical Violet on Feb. 19-20, and 25-27. It tells the story of a young woman who travels across the Deep South in search of a miracle to find happiness. General admission is $15 and free for Lindenwood students.
The Scheidegger Center will host the March Music Series this spring on March 7-8, 10, and 12. This event includes a band, orchestra, choir and jazz concert. Many students are attracted to this event each year. It is free to all students, and they may even recognize someone on stage. These concerts are performed by Lindenwood’s fine arts department.
Other productions this upcoming semester include:
– The Saint Louis Philharmonic Orchestra on March 4
– Stayin’ Alive on March 19
– The Passion of Joan of Arc on April 6
– Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on April 7
– Roots & Boots on April 16
– The Liar on April 14-16
– Winter Dance Concert on March 3-5
– Spring Dance Concert on April 28-30
– Spring Fashion Show on April 29-30
– The Erin Bode Group on May 28