MATT HAMPTON | Reporter
Here is a recap of the biweekly meeting of the Lindenwood Student Government General Assembly, held in Dunseth Auditorium last Wednesday, Apr. 4.
- The Martin Luther King Leadership Award was awarded to students Esmeralda Johnson and Ana Perez. The award was given on the 50th anniversary of the black civil rights leader’s assassination.
- Student Senator Jack Bedtke said that the crosswalk at the intersection of Kingshighway Street and First Capitol Drive has been changed to allow for more adequate time for students to cross.
- Student Involvement Director Angie Royal said the LSG constitutional changes announced last month will not be voted on this semester, but rather by the restructured body after it has been created in the fall.
- The assembly voted to provide the Black Student Union $537.44 for its Back to the 2000s Party.
In accordance with a LSG constitutional amendment passed last semester, assembly meetings now occur every other week. The next general assembly meeting is April 18, and the next town hall will be April 25. The following happened at this Wednesday’s non-mandatory town hall:
- Bedtke said the Recycling Committee will vote on graphics they have completed for recycling containers in residence halls.
- The following funds requests were passed:
- $482.73 for Alpha Psi Lambda’s Neon Party
- $480.61 for Alpha Psi Omega’s End of the Year Banquet
- $328.25 for the Campus Organization Against Sexual Assault’s Not My Campus event and $20 for COASA’s Take Back the Night tabling
- $302.09 for the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship’s World’s Buffet
- $169 for the College Republicans’ Kickstart Finals Week event
- $143.47 for the Psychology Interest Club’s Tricks for Treats event
- $100 for SYNERGY dance club’s Master Class event
At the town hall on Wednesday, March 28, the following occurred:
- Psi Chi received $105.96 for its spelling bee, and the senate and executive board voted to give the Psychology Interest Club $181.05 for their Grape Juice and Paint event. A request by Alpha Psi Omega for $480.61 was also scheduled, but this request was tabled because no representative from the theater fraternity was present.