The fall season is in full swing but that doesn’t mean that the time for cute outfits, such as those worn during the warm summer months, are over.
Fall is a great season to show off a variety of outfits that allow the fashionable girl and guy to stay warm and cozy, and still look put together and trendy.
It’s time for summer, known as the season of fashion, to move over as fall gives everyone the chance to play with different patterns, fabrics, colors, fun accessories and boots
Here is what a few Lindenwood students wear to show off their own personal fall fashion:
Photo by Kelby Lorenz
- Fall is the season of darker and richer colors.
- Mixing fabrics like silk, velvet or cashmere is a must during fall, as well as combining different prints and patterns.
- Adding layers is not only a great way to keep warm and adjust your outfit to the changing temperatures, but also adds a fashionable element to anyone’s look.
- Accessories bring every look together, so do not forget about statement necklaces, hats or scarves.
- Pastels or bright colors are more suited for the spring or the summer.
- Do not be overly matched. All separates need to go together but should have different hues from one color scheme.
- Make sure to watch the proportions and avoid bulking up too much.
- While accessories help make a statement, overdoing it does not help your cause.
- statement boots
- hats (beanies, snapbacks, etc.)
- eyeshadows (golden or bronze hues, or matte dark brown/ velvet smoky eye looks)
- plaid shirts
- leather (jackets, shoes, bags)
- nail polish (complementary colors that matching with the color of the lipstick)