Grand Art Bazaar returns to Foundry Art Center

Photo by AJ Grams

It’s a night dedicated to Lindenwood students, past and present, to showcase their art work and promote their personal brand. From paintings and sculpture to jewelry and crochet pieces, there will be an array of creations that will be up for sale at the sixth annual Grand Art Bazaar.

The student-centered exhibition, which is open to the public, will be held at the Foundry Art Center located at 520 N Main St., St. Charles, MO on Thursday April 13 from 6-10 p.m.

Artists will display up to 20 pieces of their artwork, both 2D and 3D, in a booth style gallery. All the works submitted were created within the last five years.

“[Students] are instructed to have business cards ready and be prepared to promote themselves. They must price all their works too,” James Hutson, Ph.D., faculty sponsor of Histoire de l’art: Art History Association, said. “It’s a good practice to learn how to promote and brand—as well as interact with buyers.”

Hutson believes this will be an essential learning opportunity for students to gain basic knowledge of the marketplace. He says students will also get a better understanding on what subjects or genres that the public are drawn to as well as which items are profitable.

Lindenwood Senior AJ Grams learned firsthand from his previous experience selling his creations at the exhibition in 2015. Grams presented 10 different print designs that he created in his printmaking class.  The graphic design major won’t be selling his prints this year, however, Grams was able to showcase his work by creating the current slogan for the event and help artists create business cards for the gallery.

Both Grams and Hutson agree that whether you’re helping behind the scenes or auctioning off your pieces, being a part of the Art Bazaar is beneficial.

“It’s a great networking opportunity to throw your name out there,” Grams said. “It’s cool because the public can come and see what Lindenwood students have to offer”.

Although the event will be held this week, Hutson said there is still room for last minute entries.

“We been trying to encourage people who are outside studio art and graphic design majors to participate. We tried to get students in fashion design to come and sell their stuff too,” Hutson said. “Non-art majors are more than welcome too.”

For more information about the event or to submit your work, contact  [email protected] or visit the event’s Facebook page.

[su_divider top=”no” size=”4″]Women’s Soccer[/su_divider]