Crime Log: assault, stealing, 24 minors in possession of alcohol

Lindenwood University Public Safety is located at 1905 First Capitol First Capitol, Suite A, and can be contacted at (636)949-4911.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Reporter

The weekly crime log is a list of incidents that reportedly occur on and around Lindenwood’s campus. All of the information is provided by the Public Safety & Security office and the St. Charles Police Department. This crime log lists the crimes from Jan. 15 to Feb. 10. 

Jan. 15 

• A case of stealing was reported around 2 p.m. in the Evans Commons. The victim’s bike was stolen from a rack. There were no suspects, and the case was closed. 

Jan. 16 

• One incident of dating violence that happened in Blanton Hall was reported on Jan. 16 around 3 p.m.  The case is still open.  
  • Eight minors were caught in possession of alcohol around 9 p.m. on Anneric Street. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review. 

Jan. 17 

• A theft that occurred between 12 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Karen Street was reported to Public Safety & Security. Kitchen table and chairs were stolen, the case is closed.  

Jan. 22 

• Eight minors were caught in possession of alcohol around 10 p.m. in Rauch Memorial Hall. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.  

Jan. 26 

• An assault was reported to have happened around 5 p.m. in the Upper Hyland Arena. The case was closed and referred to the Office of Student Development. 

Jan. 29 

• One drug violation was reported around 1 a.m. in the Guffey Parking Lot. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review. 

Jan. 31 

• A case of four minors in possession of alcohol was reported to have occurred on Duchesne Street at 2 a.m. The case has since been closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development. 

Feb. 7 

• Four cases of minors in possession of alcohol occurred on multiple campus locations between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. All cases were closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.  

Feb. 10 

• One incident of property damage on Karen Street that occurred between Feb. 9 and 10 was reported. Tires were slashed. There were no suspects, and the case was closed.