Exploring the World: Lindenwood University’s Study Abroad Program

Photo by Pexels
Lindenwood University’s Study Abroad Program is dedicated to giving students a well-rounded education beyond geographical boundaries.

Lindenwood University offers students opportunities to step out of the classroom and study abroad.

The school takes pride in providing students with an education beyond the traditional classroom. This integrated approach includes the Study Abroad Program, a chance for students to travel the world while still gaining college credit.

Through conversation with Rachel Jagust, a member of the study abroad department on campus, any student can gain insight into the program’s structure, the preferred destinations, support for students, and success stories.

The study abroad program offers students three primary paths to travel the world. The first path is the standard semester-long program, designed to allow students to study abroad for three to four months at a foreign university. The second path is a summer program that lasts three weeks to two months. This depends on the student’s major, the program, or the location. It is frequently combined with internships or volunteer activities abroad. The third path is more unique, consisting of a faculty-led program. Students enroll in a course for the spring semester to prepare for the trip and then travel in May to explore a new culture or community as a class.

Certain destinations have become favorites among Lindenwood students who previously took part in the study abroad program. Australia, Chile, England, and Italy have been the top choices for students. However, the current interest has been increasing in locations such as the Netherlands, Thailand, South Africa, and Uruguay. There are many more places for students to visit and explore.

Lindenwood University collaborates with the study abroad office and student’s academic advisors to help students add study abroad to their academic record. This includes making sure the courses chosen fit the student’s degree program. They also aim to make sure credits obtained abroad transfer to Lindenwood without any issues, therefore ensuring students are making progress towards graduation.

In terms of scheduling, the study abroad office is crucial for healing students during their time abroad. Lindenwood ensures that students have a smooth transition to their new environment. This can mean offering travel guidance, assistance with visas, or organizing customized tours and flights for faculty-led programs.

Success stories like Jack Gietl’s trip to Uruguay are on the study abroad’s Instagram page and website. Gietl’s story demonstrates how studying overseas can impact a student both intellectually and personally. Going through these stories can help students understand the benefits of studying abroad.

“But what if it all works out?,” Jagust said.

For the students who are nervous about studying overseas, Jagust tells students they are not alone in their journey. She highlights the opportunity for enduring connections, immersion in other cultures, and personal growth. The study abroad staff is committed to helping students every step of the way, from selecting the best program to dealing with issues preparing and adjusting to a foreign country.

Lindenwood University’s Study Abroad Program is dedicated to giving students a well-rounded education beyond geographical boundaries. This includes a wide range of programs, popular destinations, strong support networks, and motivational success stories.

Lindenwood encourages students to take advantage of life and set out on a transformative journey that will impact their futures.

View Comments (2)
$575
$1000