Allegations of a sexual assault reported in campus housing earlier this week were “unfounded,” according to St. Charles Police.
Lt. Todd Wilson, public information officer for the department, said Thursday that investigation of the incident was closed, and no charges would be filed.
John Bowman, director of public safety and security at Lindenwood said the university is currently conducting a Title IX investigation regarding the incident.
A woman told Lindenwood and St. Charles officials on Monday that she was assaulted during the early morning hours of Jan. 21 at a home on Charbo Street. An email about the incident was then sent to faculty and students.
The email did not say if the address was in Lindenwood housing. However, St. Charles County property records show all homes on Charbo Street are owned by the university. It is unclear whether any Lindenwood students were involved in the incident.
This marks the second time in four months a sexual assault has been reported in campus housing. Three Lindenwood basketball players were charged in connection with an alleged rape in September in a house on Cullom Drive. The alleged victim in that incident was not a student, according to university officials. Their criminal cases are pending.