New gym Burn Boot Camp is open in St Charles

A new gym is open to the community in St Charles.

Burn Boot Camp opened in Oct. 2023 and offers 45-minute boot camp style workouts that focus on different muscle groups and trainings.

These workouts alternate from weightlifting to conditioning.

The gym also offers free childcare during workouts, individual focus meetings, and an in-body scanner.

Burn Boot Camp client experience manager Liza Truex said this gym is electric.

“There’s energy but there’s focus and there’s intention behind all of our movements,” Truex said. “I just think that the atmosphere is something that when you walk in it hits you and you’re like this is electric.”

Morgan Goebel, a member of Burn Boot Camp, said that although the workouts are challenging, she never feels intimidated.

“The trainers and everyone who works out there is so welcoming and so inclusive, and everyone is super encouraging,” Goebel said. “There is no one trying to put you down. It’s always trying to help you be better and be the best version that you can during the workout.”

Truex wants to encourage new people to come in, experience the gym, and let her trainers answer any questions or concerns that they have.

“There is not one person that has walked through this space and has thought they can’t do it, that they’re not capable of doing it, or not been able to finish,” Truex said. “We modify, we meet you where you are, and we really pride ourselves on our ability to cater and to nurture wherever you are.”

Truex described Burn Boot Camp as a family. She said a gym is just a gym, but it is the people who make it so special.

“You come for the exercise, but you stay for the people that you meet, and that you grow with, and that you change with,” Truex said.

To learn more about everything Burn Boot Camp offers and to sign up for a free seven-day trial, visit their website at burnbootcamp.com.