Women’s basketball scores 113 in dominant win over Central Christian

Lindsay Medlen, No. 30, passes the ball in Lions’ 113-30 win over Central Christian College. Medlen finished the game with five points and seven assists.
Photo by Walker Van Wey

KYLE RHINE| Reporter

The women’s basketball team set two records in the 113-30 win over Central Christian College Friday night at Hyland Arena.

It was the most points ever scored in a game and the largest margin of victory in Lions’ history.

“It’s amazing to be part of a record breaking team,” sophomore forward Gabby Walker said. “It’s a well-deserved reward for us, we work our tails off in practice.”

Walker was one of five Lions who finished the game in double figures. She finished the game with 13 points shooting 6-11 from the field. It was her sixth consecutive game scoring in double figures.

“I had no idea I’d scored double digits for the last six games,” she said. “I have been focusing on rebounds and letting the rest fall into place.”

Walker had nine rebounds during the game and is second on the team with 7.3 rebounds per game.

Sophomore Kallie Bildner finished the game with 22 points and 8 rebounds as her six-game double-double streak came to an end.

Junior Sara Ross notched 20 points and shot 8-9 from the field. This was the most points Ross has scored in a game this season.

Freshman Kenzie Guese came off the bench and scored a career-high 14 points in 19 minutes while shooting 6-10 from the field.

After being out-rebounded for the first time all season in Tuesday’s win over McKendree, Lindenwood bounced back out-rebounding Christian College 60-16.

After Friday’s win, the Lions are 7-0 and will play its next game against conference opponent Pittsburg State on Thursday, Dec. 7 at 5:30 p.m. in Pittsburg, Kansas.