Lindenwood Career Services to host largest career fair yet

The Internship & Career Fair will be held in the lower level courts of Evans Commons on Feb. 21 from 2-5 p.m.
Photo provided by Madison Nowling

Lindenwood will be hosting one of its biggest career fairs yet next week, with 98 companies projected to be in attendance. 

Companies such as Edward Jones, Hartland Coca Cola, HLK and Abstrakt Marketing group will be available for students to stop and talk to. Many different school districts will be there as well. 

Lindenwood University career strategist Madison Nowling said education will be the best represented major at the career fair because of all the school districts attending. However, all students are encouraged to attend.  

“It is important for students to understand that just because an organization specializes in an area, that does not mean that they are only looking to hire within that field,” Nowling said. “It is in a student’s best interest to keep their mind open when choosing what employers to approach.” 

There are many employers attending who are looking to hire from any major, including: Ameristar Casino, Cass Information Systems, Places for People Inc. and Sherwin-Williams Company. 

Lindenwood hosts one career fair per semester in order to provide students with the opportunity to connect with local employers and to explore different options in the professional world.  

“[The companies] are there because they have opportunities available and positions to fill,” she said. “This provides our students with a great opportunity to meet with many organizations in one setting, which is not an option with other job search techniques.” 

In preparation for the career fair, Lindenwood Career Services is hosting several workshops to help students work on pitches, prepare questions and work out any last-minute nerves.  

The last two Career Fair Prep Workshops are Feb. 19 at 2:30 p.m. and Feb. 20 at 2 p.m. Both workshops will be held in Harmon Hall room 217. 

The Internship & Career Fair will be held on Feb. 21 from 2-5 p.m. in the lower level courts of Evans Commons gym. Professional dress is required. The fair is only open to Lindenwood students and alumni.  

Students can access the full list of 98 employers on Handshake, using their Lindenwood login.

Contact Elizabeth Ashcraft at [email protected] or Madison Nowling at [email protected] for more information or with any questions.