Homecoming Week: Legends and Lions [Video]

Photo by Lauren Shelton

The Lindenwood band plays during the university’s 2021 Homecoming Week.

Lauren Shelton, Reporter

Lindenwood Homecoming festivities took place from Oct. 6-9, where multiple events occurred including a parade, football game, and a lip sync competition.

This is the first proper homecoming since COVID came and took out most social events with it. This year’s theme was “Legends and Lions”.  

Going in order of each event, first up was the Student Organization Fair at Evans. Organizations such as  fraternities and sororities in Greek Life, Residential Hall Association and Black Student Union hosted booths to spread the word of what they do.

Up next was the popular Lip Sync competition and the Pep Rally, where organizations, residence halls, and athletic teams performed for students. Delta Zeta swept three out of five of the categories that were available. Most of the groups followed the theme of “Legends and Lions.”

Friday night was the bonfire hosted at the Pfremmer Amphitheatre. Students and others could grab a baggie of popcorn, make some s’mores, and enjoy the fire with friends. 89.1 the Wood was provided music at the event.

Saturday was game day, with several back-to-back activities planned. First up in the morning was the parade down on Main Street where organizations and sponsors walked to support Lindenwood. The Lion’s Tailgate followed the parade, where guests could grab food and enjoy live music.

The football game started at 1 p.m. where the Lindenwood Lions won against the Quincy University Hawks 33-28.

“I feel like we kinda had the more balanced team to win, but you just can’t take those for granted especially against a team that’s been improving like Quincy,” head coach Jed Stugart said.