Campus events to look forward to: January edition

Students prepare for Lindenwood Student Involvement events. Photo provided by Lindenwood Student Involvement.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.
Due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, some events will be conducted virtually. Lindenwood University always wants students to be able to have fun and stay safe at the same time.
This month, some of those events include “Let’s Get Quizzical!” with the Campus Activities Board, Leadership Series, and International Shopping with CAB.
Here are some of the events to look forward to in January:
1. Welcome Back Week: “Let’s Get Quizzical!”
Date: Jan. 13, 7-9 p.m.
Location: Zoom
Students can enjoy a virtual movie-themed trivia night hosted by CAB. “Let’s Get Quizzical” utilizes Kahoot for individuals to answer random trivia questions in order to win a prize.
2. Leadership Series – Developing a Success Story
Date: Jan. 18, 4-5 p.m.
Location: Zoom
Leadership Series – Developing a Success Story is the first Leadership Series event of the Spring semester. This event will include topics such as note-taking skills, listening skills, developing a reading strategy, test preparation tips, time management tips, and personal well-being information.
3. Bing Bong! It’s Movie Night!
Date: Jan. 19, 7-9 p.m.
Location: Irwin Hall
During this event, students will be able to watch the “Inside Out” movie and meet new people. After watching the movie, together students will talk about emotions, how to deal with them, and discuss different ways emotions can be handled.
4. International Shoppin’ with CAB
Date: Jan. 27, 4-6 p.m.
Location: Spellmann AB Leadership
CAB provides an opportunity for Lindenwood’s International students to collect free household and personal items for the start of the semester. This event will benefit those who do not have transportation to stores when living on campus.