What’s leaving and coming to Netflix this month: March edition

Here is the full list of what is coming to and leaving Netflix, Hulu, and Max this month. Photo from Pexels.com

Eva Laurens, Reporter

March is here, and so is spring break.

While some people go on vacation, others will be staying on campus or returning home for the break, searching for things to do.

Every month, Netflix removes some TV shows and movies to make space for its new additions. Here’s what’s being added and removed in March:

What’s leaving Netflix:

March 28: Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (2013)

Long Walk to Freedom a British-South African biographical film released in 2013. It is an adaptation of the autobiography Long Walk to Freedom (1994) by Nelson Mandela, recounting his childhood, political career, struggles against apartheid and years in prison.

March 31: Despicable Me 1, 2

Gru is a professional super-villain who later becomes an agent of the LVA (Lynx Vigilance Agency). He is the main character in Despicable Me with the exception of the 2015 film, The Minions, where he only has a minor role.

March 31: Jumanji (1995)

Two siblings discover an enchanted board game that opens a door to a magical world, and unwittingly frees a man who’s been trapped inside for years.

March 31: The Karate Kid (2010)

In China, Dre learns to defend herself against a tyrant under the guidance of a lowly kung fu master in this remake of the 1984 classic.

March 31: Paranormal Activity (2007)

When repeated hauntings frighten a young couple into their new home, they set up a camera to capture evidence of being haunted by an evil presence.

What’s coming to Netflix:

March 1: Battleship (2012)

A sci-fi movie where ships go up against an alien race. Stars Alexander Skarsgård, Rihanna, Liam Neeson, and Brooklyn Decker.

March 1: Contagion (2011)

A realistic movie that follows a group of doctors working against the clock to stop a pandemic.

March 1: One Piece (Multiple Seasons)

The story of One Piece is set in an ocean world where pirates yearn for an era of freedom and adventure known as the “Golden Age of Piracy”. This era was ushered in by the execution of Gol D. Roger, the legendary Pirate King, in Loguetown, his home town.

March 1: Shrek (2001)

On a mission to retrieve a princess from a fire-breathing dragon, the gruff ogre Shrek teams up with an unlikely compatriot, a donkey.

March 25: Bridgerton (Season 2)

The long awaited season 2 of Bridgerton. The eight close-knit brothers and sisters of the Bridgerton family seek love and happiness in London’s high society. Inspired by Julia Quinn’s bestselling novels.