What’s coming and leaving Netflix: September edition

Here is the full list of what is coming to and leaving Netflix, Hulu, and Max this month. Photo from Pexels.com

Eva Laurens, News Editor

Summer is over, Lions are back on campus, and school has started again.

Classes and assignments can take a lot of time. However, as important as school is, it is also recommended for students to take some time to themselves and think about something else.

Every month, Netflix gets rid of some movies and TV shows to replace them with new ones. So here is what is leaving and coming to Netflix next month.

What’s coming to Netflix

Sept 1
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012) – This action horror movie is a sequel to Resident Evil: Afterlife. In this video game movie adaptation, Mila Jovovich stars as Alice fighting for her freedom from an Umbrella Corporation testing facility.

Expected around Sept 16
Morbius (2022) – Based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name, this superhero movie tells the story of biochemist Michael Morbius who accidentally infects himself with a form of vampirism while trying to cure himself of a rare blood disease.

Sept 24
Dynasty (Season 5) – The fifth and final season of the CW’s soap-drama series.

Sept 28
Blonde (2022) – A Netflix Original Film starring Ana de Armas who plays the role of the Hollywood legend Marilyn Monroe in this movie directed by Andrew Dominik fictionalizing the inner life of the actress.

Sept 30
Entergalactic (2022) – Created by the musician and actor Kid Cudi, this new adult animated television special based on his upcoming album will tell the story of a young artist attempting to find both love and success.

What’s leaving Netflix

Sept 1
Titanic (1997) – An epic romance and disaster film starring Kate Winsley and Leonardo DiCaprio tells the story of the luxurious but ill-fated R.M.S Titanic from the perspective of fictional characters.

Sept 1
The Girl Next Door (2004) – A romantic comedy film starring Emile Hirsch and Elisha Cuthbert that tells the story of a high school senior who falls in love with the girl living next door.

Sept 5
The Vampire Diaries (Seasons 1-8) – Set in the fictional town of Mystic Falls in Virginia, this tv show follows the life of Elena Gilbert who falls in love with Stefan Salvatore, a vampire. The famous supernatural teen drama series will be removed after years of being on Netflix.

Sept 11
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) – Five years after Hiccup and Toothless united dragons and vikings on the island of Berk, they discover the home of hundreds of wild dragons in an ice cave. They will end up in the center of a battle and will have to fight to protect the peace.

Sept 30
Gotham (Seasons 1-5) – This American superhero crime drama series tells the story behind the detective James Gordon and his rise to importance in Gotham City before Batman’s arrival.