What’s coming and leaving Netflix: May edition

Here is the full list of what is coming to and leaving Netflix, Hulu, and Max this month. Photo from Pexels.com

Eva Laurens, News Editor

This is the last week of the spring semester of 2023, and the last week before the summer break.

Whether students are going to be working their summer jobs or not this summer, watching a movie or a TV show can be a good summer activity.

Every month, Netflix gets rid of some movies and TV shows to replace them with new ones. So, here is what is leaving and coming to Netflix next month.

What’s leaving Netflix

May 6
Last Breath (2019) – With access to an amazing archive this is the story of a deep sea diver stranded on the seabed with 5 minutes of oxygen and no hope of rescue.

May 9
Away From Home (2015) – A high-achieving 11-year-old student embarks on a journey of self-discovery at a school away from home.

May 16
Paddington (2014) – A young bear travels to London in search of a home but ends up lost and alone at Paddington Station until he meets the kindly Brown family.

May 17
Side Effects (2013) – A woman’s world unravels when a drug prescribed by her psychiatrist has unexpected side effects.

May 28
Collateral Beauty (2016) – A man questions the universe by writing to Love, Time, and Death, and ends up receiving unexpected answers.

What’s coming to Netflix

May 1
Pitch Perfect (2012) – A music-loving student finds herself in a new clique when starting college.

May 1
The Smurfs (Season 1) – Classic kids’ cartoon series.

May 16
Ted (2012) – A teddy bear who comes to life and becomes a companion to his Mark Wahlberg-shaped human.

May 22
The Batman (Seasons 1-5) – Classic DC Batman animated series.

May 25
FUBAR (Season 1) Netflix Original – Arnold Schwarzenegger debuts in his first major series as a CIA operative who just can’t seem to head into retirement.