Next-Gen Console Review: Playstation 4 and Xbox One

Next-Gen Console Review:  Playstation 4 and Xbox One

In today’s society, when it comes to electronics, it’s all about the “next best thing.”  This month at the E3 Gaming Conference, Sony and Microsoft revealed their “next best thing” when it came to gaming consoles.

Sony revealed that its next system would be the Playstation 4.  Sony, like Microsoft, has a core group of people who will buy their system regardless of its faults.

Microsoft revealed its next-gen console would be the Xbox One.   There are a lot of differences between the Xbox One and Playstation 4.  Microsoft changed a lot about the Xbox One from its predecessor, the Xbox 360.

Each release was much anticipated, with a lot of positives and negatives to buying each system.

Two main reasons suggest buying the Playstation 4 over the Xbox One.  First, and most obvious, the Playstation 4 is $100 cheaper than the Xbox One, the Playstation being $399 and the Xbox $499.  Even though gamers will have to pay a small fee for the network privileges, it’s still much cheaper.

Second, the Playstation 4 will be much less restrictive.  The Playstation 4 will have no restrictions of previously used games.  Also, Sony doesn’t require users to have an Internet connection to play the Playstation 4, like the Xbox One.

One negative to using the Playstation 4 is that there will be no backwards compatibility, so players won’t be able to play old games on the new console.

But there are also reasons to buy the Xbox One over the Playstation 4.  Shown here will be two big reasons why.

First, a lot of really good first-person shooters will come out right around the launch.  Games like Titan Fall, Halo 5 and Call of Duty: Ghosts will headline the release of the Xbox One and provide a lot of extra clout.

Second, is Xbox Live.  For years Xbox Live has been topping Sony’s Playstation Online, and the gap is only getting bigger.  Microsoft is expanding how many friends a player can have and the ease of interacting with others.  More expansion is expected with the release as well.

One big negative for the Xbox One is that you have to be connected to the Internet to play.  If you are disconnected for more than 24 hours you can’t even play the Xbox.

Both the Playstation 4 and Xbox One re-vamped their software and hardware inside the system.  It gives the users something to look forward too as the release date approaches.

The Xbox One is set to release in November.  Playstation 4 is aiming for a “holiday release.”  Both systems are available for pre-order at your nearest electronics store.

For more info on the Xbox One Click Here

For more info on the Playstation 4 Click Here

For more info on the Gaming Conference E3, Click Here

$575
$1000