Men’s golf places fourth at the Lincoln Invitational

Daniel Rottlaender | Staff Reporter
September 11, 2014; 3:25 p.m.

Lindenwood’s men’s golf team placed 4th out of 11 teams at the Lincoln Invitational in Camdenton which was the first official MIAA event of the season. Led by Corbin Adams, who shot a three-round total of 216, the Lions finished with a total of 911 shots. That result placed them behind the tournament winner Central Oklahoma (863 shots), Central Missouri (863), and Northeastern State (884).

Lindenwood got off to a good start in the tournament and finished the first round with a total of 302 shots which placed the Lions on the fourth place after the first round.  Central Oklahoma gained the lead after the first round with a total score of 283 shots. LU could improve their performance during the second round which was finished by the Lions with a total score of 297 shots.  Central Oklahoma was able to defend the lead while having a total score of 281 on the second round.

Although the Lions faltered on the third round, they could defend the fourth place with a total of 312 shots on the third round. Central Oklahoma shared the lead with Central Missouri after the third round since Central Missouri was able catch up deficit during the last round.

Erik Kline from Central Oklahoma shot an eight under par in order to win the individual tournament, as the only player coming in under par. Corbin Adams, who was Lindenwood’s top individual finisher, came in on the shared 5th place with a total score of 216 which was three-over-par for this tournament.

The next highest finisher for the Lions was Ryan Dyck, who finished in tied 15th place with a three-round total of 227. Other individuals were Tyler McKay who placed 16th, Garret Blair in 36th and Vince DePinto in 54th.

The next scheduled event for the men’s golf team is the Northeastern State Classic tournament in Bartlesville, Oklahoma on Sept. 22.

$575
$1000