Weekly crime log: Cat-calling in Evans parking lot, 11 minors caught with alcohol

Lindenwood University Public Safety is located on the fourth floor of the Spellmann Center and they can be contacted at (636) 949-4911.

MEGAN COURTNEY | Culture Editor

The weekly crime log is a list of incidents that have been reported over the course of the week on and around Lindenwood’s campus. All information is provided by Public Safety and Security.

Sept. 10

• Damage to the inside of an elevator in Rauch Hall was reported sometime between noon and 11:30 p.m. The case is closed.
  • An alleged sexual assault that occurred between Aug. 20 of last year and May 26 of this year in a campus residence was supported by a Campus Security Authority. Director of Public Safety and Security John Bowman Jr., said CSA’s don’t file reports, they just inform security of the incidents that are reported to them.
  • A Hispanic male driving a silver Ford pickup truck reportedly cat-called several girls who were walking in the Evans Commons parking lot at 7:25 p.m. The man eventually left the area. The case is still open.

Sept. 11

• In the Ayres Hall parking lot, an incident of leaving the scene of an accident occurred between 12:01 a.m. and 6 a.m. The case is closed, and the St. Charles Police Department is investigating.
  • In Reynolds Hall, a drug violation was reported at 12:13 p.m. One arrest was made by the St. Charles Police Department, and the case was closed.
  • A minor was caught in possession of alcohol in Niccolls Hall at 4 p.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Sept. 12

• A bike was stolen from a bike rack near Reynolds Hall between 7:30 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. The St. Charles Police Department recovered the bike, and the case was closed.
  • An incident of fondling that occurred on Sept. 1 in a campus residence was reported by a Campus Security Authority. The case was closed.

Sept. 13

• Three minors were caught in possession of alcohol at 11:40 p.m. on Patma Street. All three cases were closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Sept. 14

• One arrest was made by the St. Charles Police Department in an incident of attempted burglary/property damage on Lindenwood Lane at 1:50 a.m. Bowman Jr. said there was a disturbance on Main Street, and one of the suspects came to fight someone involved, but broke the window to the wrong house. The case was closed.
  • An emblem was stolen off a vehicle in the Hyland Arena parking lot. The incident occurred between Sept. 9 and Sept. 10. The case was closed.
  • An alleged harassment that occurred between Sept. 10 and Sept. 12 was reported by a Campus Security Authority. The case was closed.

Sept. 15

• A broken window was found at Studio West on Fifth Street. The case was closed.
  • An incident of property damage occurred in the Blanton Hall parking lot between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. The case is closed, and St. Charles Police Department is investigating.
  • Five minors were caught in possession of alcohol between 10:35 p.m. and 11:18 p.m. in Rauch Hall. All five cases were closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Sept. 16

• A minor was caught in possession of alcohol on Glenco Drive at 12:41 a.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.

Sept. 17

• A minor was caught in possession of alcohol in Niccolls Hall at 10:50 p.m. The case was closed and forwarded to the Office of Student Development for review.
  • A vehicle drove in the grass on John Webber Drive at 11:11 p.m. The case was closed, and the St. Charles Police Department is investigating.
  • A light fixture was broken in Rauch Hall at 11:15 p.m. The case was closed.