5 reasons to leave your dorm this weekend

Photo by Kat Owens

Here are five things to do before finals week.

Lynsey Aldam, Reporter

LYNSEY ALDAM | Reporter

It’s spooky season! Hopefully midterms weren’t too scary and you’re ready to have a weekend filled with fun. Spend this weekend watching sports, munching on popcorn at a movie, or hanging with ghosts.

1. Get hyped for hockey!

Looking for your dose of sports? There are games on campus every day this weekend. Whether you kick back at Hunter Stadium to watch men’s and women’s soccer, skate on in to the newly built Centene Community Ice Center, or support the football team, you’ll be entertained all weekend.

• Women’s Soccer vs Rockhurst University | Friday, Oct. 18 | 5:00 p.m. | Hunter Stadium
  • Women’s Ice Hockey vs Union College | Friday, Oct. 18 | 7:10 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center
  • Men’s Soccer vs Rockhurst University | Friday, Oct. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Hunter Stadium
  • Football vs. Saginaw Valley State University | Saturday, Oct. 19 1:00 p.m. Hunter Stadium
  • Women’s Ice Hockey vs Union College | Saturday, Oct. 19 | 1:00 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center
  • Men’s Hockey vs University of Illinois | Saturday, Oct. 19 | 7:30 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center
  • Women’s Soccer vs William Jewell College | Sunday, Oct. 20 | noon | Hunter Stadium
  • Men’s Soccer vs William Jewell College | Sunday, Oct. 20 | 2:30 p.m. | Hunter Stadium

2.       Lurk in the dark with the ghosts and zombies

Friday, Oct. 18 – Sunday, Oct. 20 | 6:00 p.m. | Six Flags St. Louis

It’s that time of the year where Six Flags becomes your worst nightmare. The amusement park is overrun with thrills for the annual Fright Fest. Enjoy activities throughout the day and come back for a truly frightening evening of fun after the sun goes down.

Get your tickets for Fright Fest here.

3.      Make your weekend the cheesiest yet!

Saturday, Oct. 19 | noon – 6 p.m. | Dennis and Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center

Take a trip into Forest Park for the second annual Great Grilled Cheese off. Eight local restaurants will go head-to-head but only one grilled cheese will be the cheesiest to win the crown. The festival marketplace will be filled with dozens of local artists, crafters, nonprofits, and more.

Get your tickets for the Great Grilled Cheese Off here.

4.      Clown around with the Joker

Catch the latest showing of the new Joker movie as it’s hit theaters just in time for Halloween. The critically acclaimed reboot sparked media controversy and is claimed to be undeniably dark and introspective.

You can see the flick at AMC Streets of St. Charles or Marcus Cinemas.

5.       Headbang with Godsmack & Halestorm

Sunday, Oct. 20 | 7:00 p.m. | St Charles Family Arena

End your weekend with at the Godsmack concert, the post-grunge ’90s band takes over the Family Arena Sunday night with opening act, Halestorm.

Doors open at 6:00 p.m.

Get your tickets here.