5 reasons to leave your dorm this weekend

Photo by Kat Owens

Here are five things to do before finals week.

Lynsey Aldam, Reporter

Welcome back, Lions! With the blink of an eye, winter break is over and now it’s back to reality. It’s a new year and a new semester. There’s no better time than now to try something new and get involved on campus! Each week Lindenlink will deliver five reasons you should leave your dorm room and explore a new event both on and off campus. This week is filled with coffee, trivia, and more!

So, make sure you follow Lindenlink on all social media platforms so you can catch another five reasons next week!

1. Show your lion pride and roar at a frenzy of Lindenwood sports!

Hyland Arena will be booming with Men’s Volleyball, as well as Men’s and Women’s Basketball! Or you can bundle up and head on over to the Centene Community Ice Center and rally on the DII Hockey team.

• Women’s Hockey vs. RIT | Saturday, Jan. 18 | 1:00 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center

• Women’s Basketball vs. Bellarmine University | Saturday, Jan. 18 | 1:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s Basketball vs. Bellarmine University | Saturday, Jan. 18 | 3:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s Volleyball vs. New Jersey Institute of Technology | Saturday, Jan. 18 | 7:30 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s DII Hockey vs Trine University | Saturday, Nov. 2 | 1:00 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center

• Men’s DII Hockey vs Trine University | Sunday, Jan. 19 | 3:00 p.m. | Centene Community Ice Center

• Men’s Wrestling vs. University of Indianapolis | Sunday, Jan. 19 | 3:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Women’s Basketball vs. University of Missouri – St. Louis | Monday, Jan. 20 | 5:30 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s Basketball vs. University of Missouri – St. Louis | Monday, Jan. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s Volleyball vs. University of California – San Diego, Lindenwood Invitational | Thursday, Jan. 23 | 7:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

Gif from Giphy.com  

2.  Kick it with the St. Louis Ambush

Sunday, Jan. 19 | 3:00 p.m. | St Charles Family Arena

The Ambush will host Utica City FC in the first of back-to-back games against the club. Show your support at the Family Arena as the Ambush push into the middle stretch of the season!

Grab your tickets here.

Gif from Giphy.com  

3. Calling all commuters! Claim your free coffee!

Tuesday, Jan. 21 | 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. | LARC First Floor Lobby

Hey commuters, if you’re in need of a pick-me-up before class this Tuesday, take advantage of Joe N’ Go Tuesdays. Swing by the LARC and grab a free cup of joe, courtesy of Student Involvement. Commuter students may receive one cup of coffee every Tuesday morning, while supplies last.

Gif from Giphy.com  

4.  Are you smarter than a college student? Try QuizBowl!

Tuesday, Jan. 21 | 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. | Spellmann 4105

Is your brain filled with random trivia or are you a fan of Jeopardy? If so, then QuizBowl may be the club for you. Join the QuizBowl team every Tuesday for an evening of fast-paced, academically-focused trivia fun! All are welcome to engage in QuizBowl, as the topics range from literature, science, history and pop-culture.

Gif from Giphy.com  

5.     Grab some popcorn for the latest feature in the Lindenwood Film Series

Thursday, Jan. 23 | 7:00 p.m. | LARC Theater

Lindenwood presents another free film for its latest installment of the Film Series. This Thursday, the LARC will be showing “The Lighthouse.” The film depicts the tale of two lighthouse keepers as they try to maintain their sanity while living on a remote and mysterious New England island in the 1890’s. The film is directed by Robert Eggers, the visionary filmmaker behind the modern horror masterpiece, The Witch.

Gif from Giphy.com