5 reasons to leave your dorm this week

Photo by Kat Owens

Here are five things to do before finals week.

Lynsey Aldam, Reporter

Happy Black History Month, Lions! February is quite an eventful month, which is sure to keep you busy. This week, there are plenty of activities to motivate you to step out of your dorm! Lindenwood’s Black Student Union has a multitude of engaging events planned, from a talent show to a Battle of the Sexes! If you’re seeking internships or business connections, there will also be a career fair held in Evans. Or, if you’re just run down by how hectic the semester can be, look no further…Self-Care Club has you covered.

Whether you decide to “adult” at the career fair, have some fun with BSU, unwind with Self-Care Club, or watch our Lions out on the field, make this week great!

1. ♫ Root, root, root for the lions! ♫

This week, more spring sports teams are stepping out of the den to showcase their agility on campus. First up to the plate is our men’s baseball and women’s lacrosse teams. Meanwhile, Hyland Arena will be jumping all week with basketball, men’s volleyball, and women’s gymnastics! Show your lion pride at the following events of the week:

• Baseball vs. Ohio Dominican University | Saturday, Feb. 15 | 1:00 p.m. | Lou Brock Sports Complex

• Baseball vs. Ohio Dominican University | Saturday, Feb. 15 | 4:00 p.m. | Lou Brock Sports Complex

• Men’s Volleyball vs. Loyola University – Chicago | Saturday, Feb. 15 | 4:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Baseball vs. Ohio Dominican University | Sunday, Feb. 16 | 1:00 p.m. | Lou Brock Sports Complex

• Women’s Lacrosse vs. Davenport University | Sunday, Feb. 8 | 12:00 p.m. | Hunter Stadium

• Women’s Gymnastics vs. Centenary College, Gustavus, Seattle Pacific University | Sunday, Feb. 16 | 1:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Women’s Basketball vs. Rockhurst University | Thursday, Feb. 20 | 5:30 p.m. | Hyland Arena

• Men’s Basketball vs. Rockhurst University | Thursday, Feb. 20 | 5:30 p.m. | Hyland Arena

GIF from Giphy.com

2.      Tuesdays are for talent!

Tuesday, Feb. 18 | 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. | Spellman AB Leadership Room

Black Student Union is hosting a Talent Show! The event is open for anyone willing to showcase their inner talent! BSU will also have free food. So sing, laugh, and dance on over to the AB Leadership room for some snacks and a show!

GIF from Giphy.com

3.       Game away your stresses

Wednesday, Feb. 19 | 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. | Harmon Hall 117

Come join the Self Care Club in their first ever Game Night! They will be playing Jeopardy, eating snacks, and taking a mental break after settling into the new semester.

The Self Care Club will be giving out prizes and board games for the winners of each round of Jeopardy!

GIF from Giphy.com

4.       Make connections at the Career Fair

Thursday, Feb. 20 | 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Evans Commons Courts

The Career & Internship Fair will host over 100 employers this Thursday in the lower level courts of Evans Commons! Students will have access to a wide variety of companies, featuring opportunities for paid internships and full-time jobs. This event is open only to Lindenwood students and alumni. This is a great opportunity to meet potential employers and learn more about their organization and opportunities. It’s never too early to start preparing for your future career!

Professional dress is required.

GIF from Giphy.com

5.     BSU presents The Battle of the Sexes!

Thursday, Feb. 20 | 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. | Hyland Arena VIP Room

Black Student Union is throwing another fun event this week! On Thursday night, BSU will be hosting their annual Battle of the Sexes! This thrilling dual between men and women will prove who is superior. The fight will be based on trivia and discussion, and who can win the most points for the ULTIMATE bragging rights. Whether you would prefer to participate or simply be a spectator, stop by to see if men and women truly think differently from one another!

GIF from Giphy.com