Lindenwood partners with St. Louis IT Entrepreneur Network

Harmon+Hall%2C+where+the+Plaster+School+of+Business+and+Entrepreneurship+is+located.+++File+photo+by+Kat+Owens.++

Harmon Hall, where the Plaster School of Business and Entrepreneurship is located.
File photo by Kat Owens.

Alexis Montgomery, Editor-in-Chief

Lindenwood has partnered with the St. Louis IT Entrepreneur Network to provide students with experiential learning opportunities in technology and entrepreneurship. 

ITEN was founded as a non-profit organization in 2008 and has supported tech entrepreneurs in the launch of new companies through educational programs, community partnerships, and mentoring partnerships. The non-profit has worked with over 1,200 startups

The partnership was announced on Tuesday, and will help Lindenwood students gain exposure and real experience by being able to work on industry partnerships, said Molly Hudgins, interim dean of the Plaster School of Business and Entrepreneurship and board member of ITEN. 

“The integration of ITEN into the Lindenwood community will provide students new exposure into both the technology and entrepreneur ecosystems,” Hudgins said in an email. “ITEN’s relationship with the University will give students increased resources to explore their own entrepreneurial endeavors and network within the broader entrepreneur community.”

Hudgins said ITEN will provide students with the opportunity to earn class credit and experience through internships both with ITEN and technology companies in the ITEN network. The partnership will not only benefit business students but students from all disciplines. 

“The academic opportunities for students through ITEN will continue to expand and grow,” Hudgins said. “Students from all disciplines will be able to gain real experience through an entrepreneurship minor or emphasis that integrates ITEN, ongoing internship and service learning opportunities, as well as micro-credentials centered around ITEN and the entrepreneurial mindset.”

ITEN will also launch a new program in October. 

To date, ITEN’s focus has been on tech startups; however, the concepts are relevant to startups from any industry sector,” Hudgins said. “ITEN is launching a new, proof-of-concept program, Eureka, that will premiere in October. This programming supports entrepreneurs from any industry.”