Faculty and friends remember Lindenwood student as dedicated and passionate

Photo by Instagram

Tajah Miller was a junior at Lindenwood University.

Alexis Montgomery, Editor-in-Chief

Tajah Miller, a Lindenwood University student from St. Louis, recently died off campus, according to an email public relations sent out to the university Friday, Jan. 15.

Miller, who was 21 years old, was a junior majoring in broadcast mass communications.

Miller was also a member of the Lindenwood chapter of the Delta Zeta sorority. 

Bella Rainey, a Delta Zeta member who is a junior, said she shared the same pledge class and academic school as Miller. 

“To say she could light up a room would be an understatement. Tajah never failed to make me, or anyone else present, laugh until we were in tears,” Rainey said in a text message.

Rainey described Miller as full of grace, grit, and passion. 

“She cared deeply about social justice and was an incredible leader in our sorority and Fraternity and Sorority Life community to promote the issues that meant so much to her,” Rainey said. “We will miss having her presence here with us physically, more than words can describe.”

Jason Lively, the dean of the School of Arts, Media and Communications, was Miller’s academic adviser.

Lively said she was a delightful young woman. 

“She was very dedicated and always prepared. She was committed to her studies,” Lively said.

“Her compassion for the needs of fellow students, and her vibrant personality, will be greatly missed,” the public relations email read.

The email encouraged students in need of resources and counseling support to contact the Student Counseling and Resource Center at (636) 949-4522.  

The email did not state when or where Miller died or give details for the memorial.