5 things to do before finals week

Photo by Kat Owens

Here are five things to do before finals week.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

The spring semester is coming to an end, which means that finals are coming.  

This time of the year can be stressful for many, if not all students, and that is why it’s important to take some time off and relax. Here are five activities to do before the finals week approaches: 

1. Celebrate spring at Main Street  

Celebrate the peak of spring on Main Street in Downtown St. Charles on May 1 – 2. Businesses will be decorating their store fronts with flowers and ribbons for the annual event, making it the perfect backdrop for pictures. Local shops will be staying open late to give shoppers time to enjoy the event.

2. Picnic at the Riverfront  

Having a picnic and getting some fresh air will not only make you feel relaxed, but also increase your levels of Vitamin D, which improves your mental state and overall well-being. Spending some quality time outside is always beneficial for both physical and mental health. 

3. Anime Convention 

If you are a fan of Anime and want to support pop culture, this one is for you. One of the biggest St. Louis Anime Conventions is taking place in St. Charles, from April 23 – April 25. There will be entertaining panels, guests, and various interesting activities for true Anime lovers.

The venue for the event will be at the One Convention Center Plaza. Entry fee varies from $15 to $55 

4. Hike at one of the St. Charles trails 

Getting some exercise outside will help to refresh your mind and clear your head. There is no time like spring to go out and explore. Hiking is a great way to enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, and the nature around. The St. Charles area offers plenty of hiking trails such as Broemmelsiek Park, Heritage Museum, Bangert Island, and many others.  

5. Celebrate National Bubble/Boba Tea Day 

Stressed is “desserts” spelled backwards. That is why you need something sweet before finals week starts. April 30 is official National Bubble Tea Day at Kung Fu Tea. You can post photos of your tea on social media with the hashtags #NationalBubbleTeaDay and #KungFuTea.