Five reasons to leave your dorm: Concerts, football season opener

The+Lindenwood+football+team+poses+in+celebration+after+winning+defeating+the+Miners+to+win+the+GLVC+championship.++

Photo by Caleb Riordan

The Lindenwood football team poses in celebration after winning defeating the Miners to win the GLVC championship.

Eva Laurens, Reporter

Labs, assignments, early classes, quizzes.

School can be stressful, and many dream of having a few hours to breathe and think about something else. But it doesn’t mean that students have to stay in their room all day.

Here are five reasons to leave the dorm this week.

New Town Concert Series

Fan of concerts? At the New Town Amphitheatre, there’ll be an “Encore Band” from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sept. 4.

Saint Charles Farmers Market

The Saint Charles Lions Club will have outdoor markets available this week. It is open from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Sept. 4.

Lion Pride Tailgate and football game

On Sept. 2, the tailgate will take place at 4:00 p.m. in the Field House parking lot and the game will start at 7 p.m. against Angelo State University (San Angelo, Texas). Football tickets are free for students who bring their ID.

Sip and Savor St. Charles County taste event

For those who are 21 or older, the annual Sip and Savor St. Charles County taste event will take place in St. Peters on Sept. 2 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. There’ll be a combination of drinks, food, and music at the event.

Other local activities

Other things to do include taking a walk in a park, looking at shops on Main Street, and stopping by a local restaurant.