Five reasons to leave your dorm this week: Food truck, Irish fest

Photo by Mia Tebbe

Student placing their order with the Cha Cha Chow food truck.

Eva Laurens, Reporter

It’s Labor Day weekend, which means more free time for most students.

While some students are enjoying the weekend with their friends, some are stuck in their room, trying to finish the few assignments they have left. 

After the stress of the week and the weekend for some Lions, finding activities to do to relax and think about something other than school is much needed. 

Here are five reasons to leave the dorm this week.

Japanese Festival at the Missouri Botanical Garden

On Sept. 6, the annual Japanese Festival will be celebrated over Labor Day at the Missouri Botanical Garden from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. The festival will consist of Japanese culture, history, dance, food, music, and art by one of the largest and oldest festivals of its kind in the United States.

Beale Street Concert Series

On Sept. 8 from 6 p.m to 8 p.m, the Streets of Saint Charles are going to be the hosts of Dr. Zhivegas, “the most believed and hardest working dance rock acts in the US” according to the website. This event is free, and food and drinks will be provided by some restaurants at the Street of Saint Charles. 

Missouri River Irish Fest

In celebration of Irish music, food, and culture, the Irish Fest will be hosted at Frontier Park from Sept. 10 to Sept. 12. Irish bands and dancers as well as vendors are going to be there to make Ireland come to Missouri. This event will be open from 5 p.m to 10:30 p.m on Friday, from 10 a.m to 10:30 p.m on Saturday and from 10 a.m to 5 p.m on Sunday. 

Vintage Market Days

From Sept. 10 to Sept. 12, an event that will make guests travel in the past will take place at the Saint Charles convention center. In this vintage-inspired market, there’ll be clothes, antique, jewelry, home decor and more. It will be open from 12 p.m to 6 p.m on Friday, from 10 a.m to 5 p.m on Saturday, and from 10 a.m to 4 p.m on Sunday. Tickets can be bought online for a discount or full price at the gate. $15 on Friday, $10 on Saturday and $7 on Sunday.

On campus food truck

During lunchtime, some students don’t have a lot of time to eat. Having a few minutes to eat and talk with some friends can be a good way to relax and take a nice break. The food truck is on campus every Tuesday from 11 a.m to 1 p.m  at the pavilion and sometimes, it is also there other days of the week. Lindenwood’s food service, @lufoodservice on Instagram, will give all the information needed to know exactly when the food truck will be and what kind of food is going to be served on that day.