New Wingstop opening across from campus

New Wingstop in the process

Joshua Robinson, Sports Editor

To break away from eating Chick-Fil-A and Qdoba all the time, a new Wingstop is opening across the street from the Lindenwood campus. 

Along with MOD Pizza and Potbelly’s, Wingstop will be another popular off-campus food restaurant for students to go to as a lunch or dinner option.

“I think it’s great for students to have another food option on campus, and for the community since it’s the only Wingstop in the area,” junior Communications major Christopher Rodgers said. “The closest ones are either in O’Fallon or on St. Charles Rock Road.”

Students are excited about the new Wingstop, since it’s one of the popular restaurants in the area.

“I was absolutely thrilled to hear the news about a Wingstop coming to St. Chuck,” senior Communications student Selena Tuilaepa said. “I am an avid wingman and I can say with confidence that Wingstop is better than BBW (Buffalo Wild Wings).”

Although the Evans Commons provide Wing Wednesday for students, Wingstop may take away the spotlight.

“Luckily Evan’s Commons never fails to provide for Wing Wednesday, but to have the luxury of Wing Stop being across the street, is dangerous but in a good way,” Tuilaepa said.

For some students, it can be a hit or miss. Some students will look for the quality of the Wingstop and the service.

“Same way it could also be low quality and not properly ran, similar to how Panda Express and Popeyes who have not been as good as they were expected to be,” senior Marketing major David Knox said.

When open, the hours will be from 11 am-midnight seven days a week.