Campus events to look forward to: November edition

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.
This month, some of those events include fall fest 2021, fall dance concert, and Friendsgiving.
Here are some of the events to look forward to in November:
1. Cruella Movie Night
Date: Nov. 4, 7 p.m.
Location: Library and Academic Resources Center, Theatre (Room 343)
The story of one of Disney’s most infamous villains, Estella, who is a young and clever grifter, determined to make her known in the fashion world. Tickets are only $2 for general admission and are free with a Lindenwood ID.
2. Night at the Movies
Date: Nov. 5, 6-9 p.m.
Location: J. Scheidegger Center of the Arts Theater
Campus Activities Board is hosting a movie night with “Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.” There will be snacks and Stuff A Plush Dinosaurs. Doors will open at 6 p.m. to make a Stuff A Plush and the movie will start at 7 p.m.
3. Fall Fest 2021
Date: Nov. 6, 12-3 p.m.
Location: Evans Commons Lawn
CAB will be hosting a Fall Fest. Lindenwood students will be able to enjoy different games, food, giveaways, and other fall festivities.
4. Fall Dance Concert
Date: Nov. 11-13, 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theatre
Under the direction of Tricia Zweier, Associate Professor and Dance Program Chair, the Fall Dance Concert is a collection of ten works by faculty, students, and guest artists in various styles including ballet, contemporary, jazz, tap, and hip hop.
5. Fall Music Series: Orchestra and Band Concert, Choir Concert
• Orchestra and Band Concert
Date: Nov. 15, 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
• Choir Concert
Date: Nov. 16, 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
• Nadia Maddex Senior Recital
Date: Nov. 21, 4 p.m.
Location: Emerson Black Box Theater
• String Ensemble and Brass Ensemble Concert
Date: Nov. 22, 7:30 p.m.
Location: Emerson Black Box Theater
Fall Music Series will feature Lindenwood Orchestra and Band, Choir, Wind Ensemble, String Ensemble, and more. The series will start on Nov. 15 and end on Dec. 5.
6. Movie Night with Catholic Student Union
Date: Nov. 17, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
CSU will host a movie night with “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.” There also will be popcorn and hot chocolate.
7. Friendsgiving
Date: Nov.19, 7-10 p.m.
Location: Harmon Hall, Room 117
Self-Care Club is hosting a “Friendsgiving” event where students can make crafts and friendship bracelets. This event is a great opportunity to relax, have a good time, and get to know other Self-Care Club Members.
8. Southern Fried Chicks: Cage Free Comedy Tour
Date: Nov. 20, 8 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
Enjoy a Saturday night with Southern Friend Chicks. It will be a night of free-range comedy starring Etta May, Sonya White, and Karen Mills. The new Cage-Free Comedy Tour is full of new music, stories, dancing, audience participation, and other exciting activities.