Campus events to look forward to: February edition

Lindenwoods+Spellmann+Center+in+Dec.+2021.+

Photo by Dominic Hoscher

Lindenwood’s Spellmann Center in Dec. 2021.

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.

Recently, Lindenwood sent out an email saying that from now on, all campus events will return to an in-person format. The strict mask policy will be continued indoors. Attendees should only remove their masks while actively consuming food or drinking at these events.

This month’s events include International Game Night, Hearts for Children’s Hospital, and Dead Man’s Cell Phone play.

Here are some of the events to look forward to in February:
1. International Game Night
Date: Monday, Feb. 7, 6-8 p.m.
Location: Spellmann AB Leadership Room
Hosted by the Campus Activities Board, International Game Night is a fun way to spend Monday evening. Students will be able to play games as well as learn more about the world. Winners will receive prizes such as hoodies, hats, and shirts.
2. Sweets with Sororities
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 9, 6:30 p.m.-8 p.m.
Location: Hyland VIP
Sweets with Sororities is hosted by Panhellenic Association. This event is a great opportunity to get to know the three sororities before the informal recruitment while enjoying cookies and crafts.
3. Hearts for Children’s Hospital
Date: Thursday, Feb. 10, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: Spellmann Center
Lindenwood Student Government will be tabling outside of Spellmann, where students will be able to decorate a paper heart to go to a neighboring Children’s hospital. Doughnuts will be available for those who decorate a heart.
4. Plant One on Me
Date: Saturday, Feb. 12, 12-3 p.m.
Location: Spellmann AB Leadership
This event is for those who are in need of relaxation and de-stress. While watching a Netflix Original movie, students will be painting and planting succulents for Valentine’s day. CAB will also have two door prizes.
5. Dead Man’s Cell Phone – Theater play
Date: Feb. 16-19, 7:30 p.m., Feb. 19, 2 p.m.
Location: The Emerson Black Box Theatre
“Dead Man’s Cell Phone” is a comedy by MacArthur “Genius” Grant recipient and Pulitzer Prize finalist Sarah Ruhl. The play is about how people memorialize the dead and how that remembering changes them. It is the odyssey of a woman forced to confront her own assumptions about morality, redemption, and the need to connect in a technologically obsessed world.
6. Hat Not Hate
Date: Wednesday, Feb. 23, 4-7 p.m.
Location: LARC Room 117
CAB is hosting an educational event with the LARC’s Library Services. Students will crochet and knit blue hats and donate for Hats Not Hates.
7. Terry Fator – Touring Series
Date: Saturday, Feb 26, 8 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
Terry Fator has won the coveted awards of Las Vegas’s best show, best impressionist, best all-around performer, and best overall show. He is a singer, comedian, and impressionist whose tickets get sold out night after night. For more information, click here.