Campus events to look forward to: March edition

Sofiya Melnychuk, Culture Editor

Every semester, Lindenwood makes sure that students have many opportunities to stay involved, have fun, and attend events where they can meet new people and enjoy college life to the fullest.

Recently, Lindenwood sent out an email regarding updated mask policies. From now on, masks are optional in select settings. These include recreational/fitness facilities while working out, performances in the Scheidegger theater, and at athletics events.

This month’s events include Winter Dance Concert, Band and Orchestra Concert, CAB field trip to Forest Park.
Here are some of the events to look forward to in March:
1. Virtual Reality Fun
Date: Thursday, March 3, 4-5 p.m.
Location: Immersive Reality and Game Hub (LARC 322)
During this event, students can learn about the virtual reality gaming available for them at Lindenwood. These possibilities include the Play Station Virtual Reality apps, Oculus Rift, and Oculus Quest games.
2. Winter Dance Concert
Date: March 3-5, 7:30 p.m.
Location: J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts
Winter Dance Concert will feature original works by students working toward the Bachelor of Fine Arts in ballet, contemporary, and jazz dance.
3. St. Patrick’s Day Craft Night
Date: Monday, March 14, 7-9 p.m.
Location: Harmon Hall, Dunseth Auditorium 117
Students will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by making paper mache cauldrons with gold and color rainbows. The event is hosted by Self-Care Club
4. Band and Orchestra Concert
Date: Monday, March 14, 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
Lindenwood University Wind Ensemble and Symphony Orchestra will be performing at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts. This event is a part of the March Music Series.
5. Choir Concert
Date: Thursday, March 17, 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
The Lindenwood University choir will be performing at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts. This event is a part of the March Music Series.
6. Campus Activities Board Field Trip to Forest Park
Date: Saturday, March 19, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: Saint Louis Zoo and Art Museum
Field trip to the Saint Louis Zoo and Art Museum hosted by CAB. Students will be provided with a meal voucher to have lunch at the zoo. For more information and the day itinerary, click here.
7. Tower of Power
Date: Saturday, March 19, 8 p.m.
Location: The Lindenwood Theater
Tower of Power is an American R&B, soul, funk, jazz band from Oakland, California. For more information and tickets purchase, click here.
8. Painting Night
Date: Monday, March 28, 7-9 p.m.
Hosted by Self-Care Club, this event provides an opportunity to relax, take a break, and meet new people. Students will be painting canvases, vinyl records, and picture frames.