Men’s volleyball gets back on track against Quincy [Photo Gallery]

Photo by Jessica Spivey

Junior outside hitter A.J. Lewis (left), sophomore setter Connor Sheehan, and junior libero Kyle Deutschmann (right) cheer with their teammates after winning a rally.

Jessica Spivey, Photo Editor

Men’s volleyball earned a 3-2 win in five sets vs. Quincy University last Thursday at Hyland Arena.

The Lions led 2-0 after the opening two sets, taking the first one 25-11 and the second one 25-16. The third and final win proved to be elusive, however, with the Hawks winning both the third and fourth sets.

The game came down to the fifth and final set, where Lindenwood pulled off a 16-14 victory in overtime.

Redshirt junior Diego Negron paced the Lions with 17 kills, three aces, and five blocks in the win. Junior A.J. Lewis also had a strong performance, putting up seven kills and and two aces with one block.

Lindenwood traveled to Quincy two days later and defeated the Hawks again on Saturday 3-0. The Lions now hold a record of 5-8 overall, 3-5 in conference play, and will now host the Lindenwood Invitational starting on Friday, March 11, with their first game being against Lincoln Memorial University (Harrogate, Tennessee) at 7 p.m. at Hyland Arena.

Written by Dominic Hoscher