Department of Public Safety and Security warn students of suspicious male behavior

Niccols+and+Sibley+Hall+on+the+heritage+side+of+Lindenwood+Universitys+campus+on+March+14.+

Photo by Eva Laurens

Niccols and Sibley Hall on the heritage side of Lindenwood University’s campus on March 14.

Eva Laurens, Reporter

Students and faculty received an email this afternoon from Ryan Anderson, Director of Public Safety and Security about a suspicious male subject on campus.

Anderson said in the email that he received a report about a “male subject looking through windows of campus residence.”

In order to keep students safe, the Department of Public Safety and Security gathered more foot and vehicle patrols and is also asking students to be careful and report any suspicious behavior.

Some of the tips Anderson gave in the email to reduce and prevent crimes are:

• Lock your doors and windows at your residence.
  • Lock your doors whenever you leave your vehicle unattended.
  • Do not leave valuables in plain sight. Keep your purse, wallet, and other valuables in a secure location and, if possible, have them with you when exiting your vehicle.
  • Create an inventory of your belongings listing the item and serial number. Take photos of your valuables, and make photocopies of the contents of your wallet (credit cards, driver’s license, etc.) Keep this list, photos, and photocopies in a safe place.
  • Be alert to your surroundings.
  • While walking, continuously conduct a visual scan of the area around you.
  • Be on the alert for people or situations that seem out of place or out of the ordinary.
  • Watch for people on foot who appear to be aimlessly walking around, looking into windows, or trying to open various doors in the vicinity of residential areas, apartments, buildings, or vehicles.
  • Watch out for other people’s safety and welfare as you would like them to watch out for yours.

“Keep your eyes open and, please, if you hear it or see it, report it immediately,” Anderson said.