What to know when applying for fall graduation

Graduating students can find the application for a degree on their student portal. The application is located under the tab “My Forms”.

Jessica Spivey, Photo Editor

Students planning to graduate in the 2022 fall graduation ceremonies must apply for graduation by Sept. 15.

Registrar Christine Hannar said students should submit the application for their degree via the student portal. When a student logs in to their portal, they should select “my forms” and then click “new form” to complete their application.

Students need to apply for graduation in order to be certain they have completed all of the specific requirements necessary to receive their degree.

“I highly recommend that students review their program planning sheet or review it with their advisor to determine if all requirements will be completed by Oct. 30 or Dec. 30 date,” Hannar said in an email.

Application fees are $125 for undergraduate level, $150 for graduate level, and $210 for specialist or doctoral level. Fees will appear on the student’s account within 30 days of the receipt of the application.

Hannar said the approval of the application for graduation is the first step of the audit process for a graduating student, and approval of the application does not mean that all requirements have been satisfied.

Commencement ceremonies for the College of Science, Technology, and Health and the College of Education and Human Services will be held at 10 a.m. on Dec. 10.

Commencement ceremonies for the Plaster College of Business and Entrepreneurship and College of Arts and Humanities will be held at 3 p.m. on Dec. 10.

Students who need assistance to complete their application for graduation should contact their advisor.