Lindenwood to host its annual “Dark Carnival”

Grace Markel, Reporter

Lindenwood University will be hosting the annual Dark Carnival on Oct. 29 and will include events from previous years as well as new events for families to have fun at, including a Ghoulish Grown Ups Hang Out. 

A volunteer for the event and a member of the Campus Activities Board Montana Lane said that the event will include activities that are fun for people of all ages. 

“Other than a trunk or treat, there will be bounce houses and carnival rides that are free with a wristband,” Lane said. “There will be a tailgate that day as well as various entertainers, balloon artists, crafts, and a haunted hayride.” 

The following events are included in Saturday’s schedule according to Lindenwood University’s Website:  

• Carnival Rides and Bounce-Houses, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. 
  • Carnival Rides and Bounce-Houses are free when you pick up a wristband from the Wrist Band Booth 
  • Lion Pride Tailgate, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. 
  • Fans are welcome to tailgate and support their Lindenwood Lions. The game starts at 1 p.m. 
  • Faculty and Staff Appreciation Zone, 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. 
  • Complimentary game-day food and soft drinks with employee ID 
  • Ghoulish Grown Ups Hangout, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. 
  • Adults 21 and older can grab a drink and hang out in the inflatable tavern 
  • Mainstage Entertainment 
  • Live Music, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. 
  • Kids Magic Show, 4 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. 
  • Young Adult Magic Show, 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. 
  • Hypnosis Show 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. 
  • Haunted Hayrides, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. 
  • Stop by the Haunted Hayride Hangout and ticket booth to reserve your spot for a spooktacular experience through the historic side of campus. Seats are limited. 
  • Trunk or Treat, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. 
  • If you’re a kid with a cool costume, show it off at our student-sponsored Trunk or Treat. 
  • Creepy Crafts Tent, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. 
  • Halloween crafts for kids to express their creepy creativity. 
  • Balloon Artist, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. 

Lane also mentioned that students are more than welcome to volunteer and help out. “Student volunteers are definitely welcome, and if anyone is interested, they should email [email protected] for more details,” Lane said. “Volunteer vehicles/organizations are needed for the trunk or treat that will occur during Dark Carnival.” 

Lane said she’s most looking forward to seeing students and the community come together, as Dark Carnival is one of the biggest events on campus.

Anyone who wants to attend does not need to buy tickets. However, if one is interested in the carnival rides, one must be sure to get a wristband.